Aller au contenu

Plus qu'un site, plus qu'un réseau social, les membres de Motards.net informent, partagent, donnent des astuces et conseils sur tous les 2 roues. Les motos et scooters anciens ou récents n'auront plus de secret pour vous !

Inscrivez-vous maintenant pour avoir accès à toutes nos fonctionnalités. Une fois inscrit et connecté, vous pourrez rejoindre un Club de motards, participer aux discussions, vous inscrire à un événement moto (balade, roulage, stage), ajouter votre site dans l'annuaire et bien plus.

Bienvenue sur Motards, le site qui vous informe sur tous les 2 roues. Plus qu'un site, plus qu'un réseau social, découvrez tout l'esprit motard en ligne ! Parcourez dès à présent les clubs, forums, tutoriels et photos de la communauté de motards pour vous informer au mieux sur la thématique de la moto et partager votre passion avec d'autres passionnés.

Motards vous offre la possibilité de créer un club gratuit sur ce site. Le club est un mélange de forum et de groupe Facebook qui vous permet de regrouper une communauté et partager votre passion avec des amis ou motards comme vous. Vous disposez alors de tous les outils pour gérer votre communauté et la faire grandir sur Motards.

Vous avez envie d'améliorer votre conduite ? Rouler sur circuit ? Aller vous balader en 2 roues ? Découvrez le calendrier des événements moto et scooter. Vous pourrez ainsi vous inscrire aux sorties moto, stages de pilotage ou encore aux roulages et autres rassemblements. Et pourquoi ne pas créer votre événement pour rassembler les motards de votre région ?

Problème avec vos filets de vis de mélange air/essence???

Messages recommandés

Voici les instructions

Vmax Pilot Screw Carb. Modification

It all started when my 1986 Vmax was having a lot of black smoke and very poor acceleration. Then I decided to do overhauling for the carbs.

First weekend it took me 8 hours trying to remove jets, screws, brackets etc .. you name it. EVERYTHING WAS JAMMED !
This set of carbs. was not opened or maintained since 1986 (Thanks to the previous owner …).

Anyhow, all jets were removed safely without damages except for the pilot screws … 2 of them were removed and the other 2 I had to apply more force using a drill and an “inner thread dice” to remove them. Finally, I succeeded but unfortunately, with a damage to the pilot’s screw inner thread. Too Bad Mr. Max !!

I was searching for a solution everywhere … internet, forums, technicians etc.. and everyone said BUY NEW SET OF CARBS !! A new set was costing around $1800 including shipping. A disaster … I cant’ afford that !

Then I took the risk of modifying the carb’s pilot hole and its inner thread which was no longer there. After careful thinking and studying of the concept. I was asking myself :

1. Why the stock Pilot Screw is located deep inside the carb’s assembly ?

2. Why the mixture screw was not made to be controlled from a better position ?!

3. The stock pilot screw thread is very week (I hate it).

Solution & Modification :

1. Make thread of 7mm (with an inner dice thread) to the hole of the Pilot Screw starting from the beginning and ending just (1mm) before the inner washer bracket.

WARNING ! DO NOT THREAD DOWN TILL TO THE END OF THE HOLE OR YOU WILL LOOSE/DAMAGE THE INNER SMALL WASHER BRACKET OF THE PILOT SCREW. REMEMBER ! STOP THREADING 1mm BEFORE THE WASHER’S BRACKET.

2. Go to a machinery workshop and speak to the technician and ask him to make for you a 7mm (thickness) brass screw (rough thread), total length is 4.95cm (thread’s length 2.85cm, spring’s pipe 1.5cm & a standard size Pilot’s needle 0.6cm) … see below diagram.

3. If you make the above screw size exactly as illustrated above, the only obstacle you might face is the spring … the stock spring that holds the pilot screw after adjusting can not be used on the new screw because the (spring’s pipe will be slightly longer than the stock one). Hence, you should find a longer spring with the same strength (I was able to find it at a tool store). The above modification cost me $20 for the screw and spring. Good Luck Riders …

Should you wish to contact me for further clarification, this is my email address alqabbani@hotmail.com and you are most welcome as long as you are a Vmax Rider !!

• Créer...